Program of Work: Business Development
The Business Development Committee is established to research and promote activities that support, enhance or diversifies our area’s business community and to that end, the Committee should consider the following:
Targeting relocation of residential and business entities by;
- Developing a process to react to relocation inquiries.
- Determine the type of businesses needed in the community using surveys and data tools.
- Actively seek businesses identified as needed and/or desired in the community.
- Developing “pooled advertising opportunities.”
Maintaining active liaisons with economic development entities, such as:
- Economic Development Alliance of Lincoln County
- OCCC Small Business Development Center
- Lincoln City Visitor and Convention Bureau
- Chinook Winds Casino Resort management
- Local Merchant Associations
- Lincoln City Urban Renewal
- SCORE Volunteers
Coordinating the following:
- Aiding in the planning and execution of the ‘Welcome to Lincoln City Business Expo’
- Working with the “Buy Local Lincoln County” program
- Working with the Education Committee on determining the training needs existing businesses have identified to assist in the retention and expansion of businesses
Rewarding ‘business beautification’ and ’employee of the month’
To become a member of the Business Development Committee, contact the Chamber office.